Thursday, June 19, 2008

My first blog

This is my first attempt at blogging. Let me start off by saying that I have been sad the last few weeks. My boyfriend and I broke up. He is a great guy and I am crazy about him, but we are in two different places, not physcial, but emotional. This morning as I was driving to work, I was thinking about Drake and I started crying and then it hit me.... when this boyfriend has been out of my life for two years, I won't be crying about him, like I am Drake. I believe that I can find someone else to fill the part of my heart where he is, however, the part of my heart that holds Drake can never be filled by anyone else.

I am a hopeless romantic and I do believe that one day I will find love but I have decided that for right now I am just gonna focus on me!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! You will find this to be very therapeutic. Blogging is an excellent way to express your thoughts and feelings and usually it is to people who know and love you already. Plus, you get the added bonus of making some great new friends. Some days you may feel like writing a lot and others just a word or two, but your friends will always be interested in what you have to say. Not only have I learned a lot about them by reading their posts, but through this process I'm learning a lot about me. After all, I'm one of my favorite people! I will look forward to checking your page and keeping up with whatever is happening. Again...WELCOME and I'm delighted to leave your first comment.

dsr524 said...

I am by no means the blogger expert having only been blogging for 3 days myself, but I think you did very well. I think this can be part of your healing process. All those times you wake up and start writting in your notebook, you can add some to your blog. Maybe you'll help someone one else heal as well. By the way - this is my first time commenting on anyone's blog and I thought I was your first comment, but before I could get those stupid letters entered, Pam beat me to it!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Pam is right -- blogging can be a therapeutic way of expressing yourself. I started blogging a year ago. It started as a means to keep Pete informed about what was going on at home. Because he is away Sunday night through Friday, he wanted to see the progress on our new home. Now blogging has taken a new turn for me. I write when I have something to say or photos to share. But more often it is a convenient way to make new friends and keep in touch with friends I already have. Life is hectic and fast paced. We don't always make time for conversations given our busy lives and schedules. But in the quiet of your home, you can let your thoughts wander and begin to write. Your writing is important to readers. Welcome to the world of blogging, Jerri. I look forward to returning often.